Using and old robot project with 2016 FRCSim
Learn how to take an old C++/Java project and use it with FRCSim
Netbeans or Windriver Projects
Create a new Eclipse WPILib Java or C++ Project, delete all the source files, and copy the sources files from you old project
- Open up a new WPILIb C++ or Java project
- Name your project if you like, but the defaults are fine
- Once your project is created, open up a file browser or a shell and copy the entire src directory from you previous project into your new project
- Create a new C++ Robot Project
- Copy all the source files located from the old project into the new project.
Note: The .cproject file is a complex XML file that describes your ‘build configurations’. If you read it, you’ll see new configurations added for simulation compared to a your other old robot projects!
Note: If you want to try using the terminal to do this, try using the “mv” (move) command!
Nothing! Simply update your plugins so a version that supports simulation and you’re all set!