Once you have the GearsBot and PacGoat examples running, there are a number of possible next steps to get familiar with programming FRC robots in simulation and to improve your robotics programming ability.
- GearsBot: Extend the example autonomous to pickup and deliver the three sodas behind the robot in addition to the one in front of it.
- PacGoat: Extend the example autonomous to pickup and score a second ball.
- GearsBot: Write an alternative autonomous mode where the robot drives around the box to place the soda.
- PacGoat: Write an alternative autonomous mode that scores in the low goal.
GearsBot: Allow the driver to select the autonomous using a SendableChooser. (Hint)
Write a program from scratch
Try creating a new CommandBased project from scratch to make either of the robots do interesting things, such as:
- Drive in a triangle
- Arrange the sodas in a square
- Whatever else you can think of