PacGoat is FRC Team 190’s robot that competed in the 2014 season. The code distributed for the example is a modified version of what ran on the actual robot, so as to be realistic as possible in simulation. There are some differences:
- The operator interface and commands have been simplified to work on a PS3 controller as opposed to needing multiple joysticks.
- It has been updated to use 2015 WPILib API, including Simulation support, non-module based port numbers, etc
- Refactoring, comments and general cleanup.
- Some features, such as compressors and some sensors aren’t supported properly in simulation yet.
- The firing mechanism in simulation is currently simplified to a single pneumatic cylinder.
The example program has an operator interface for a PS3 controller that allows basic teleoperated control. The robot is driven tank style, using the left and right joysticks y-axis to control the corresponding left and right motor speeds. The left and right bumpers control the pivot and rollers. Pressing both sticks simultaneously fires the ball.