IBM's Bluemix enables FRC teams to explore ways to develop applications. Java, Web, Mobile, Node Red, IoT, Cognitive computing, and other technologies are available through the IBM Bluemix platform for exploration. Check out the “Library” page under the resources tab on blue mix and get started.
The code provided to FRC teams (in each team's registration account) allows 12-month access to IBM’s Bluemix cloud computing platform. This allows you to explore and create applications using the Bluemix platform.
How to Get Started
Create a Bluemix account.
- Go to the IBM ID creation site to create an account (either click the link or use the QR code below).
- This initial account will be valid for 30 days and allow access for 2GB of runtime and memory to run apps. The code generated in the following steps extends your account for an additional 365 days.
Confirm your Bluemix account.
- Check your email for a validation link from “The Bluemix Team.”
- Click on the "Confirm Account" button.
Verify account was created.
- You should see the message below in your browser if your account was created successfully.
Generate an extension code.
- Go to this website and generate a code to extend your account to 12 months.
- Event Name = FRC2017
- IBM ID = The email address you used to create your Bluemix account
- Team name = Your name, Team Number or the name of your FRC team.
- You should be directed to a page with the following message.
Obtain your specific code.
- Open your email and find the promocode in the email sent to you from IBM Hackathon Support.
Log in to Bluemix.
- Log into your new Bluemix account here : https://console.ng.bluemix.net/
- Select the box in the upper right corner that has a number. This number represents the number of days left in your free trial period. We are going to extend your account for an additional 365 days It is labeled with the blue #2 arrow below. This will open another window for you to click on “promo code.”
- Click on “promo code” (arrow #3)
- Enter the code that was included in the email sent to you. (see screen shots below)
- Click "apply." This will extend your trial period for an additional 365 days
- Bluemix landing page: https://console.ng.bluemix.net/#/store
- IBM Bluemix youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL78F74113FAACEA34
- Bluemix Docs for all the Bluemix Services : https://console.ng.bluemix.net/docs/
- IBM Developerworks recipes : https://developer.ibm.com/recipes/
- Student Hackaton Starter kit: https://developer.ibm.com/students/hackathon-starter-kit/
- Boiler Plates: https://console.ng.bluemix.net/catalog/?category=blueprints
Make something cool, and let us know by tweeting #IBMFIRST