FIRST allows Off-Season events (who meet requirements) to synchronize their data and results with FIRST HQ, similar to the way that FIRST posts results of official events during the competition season. Off-Season events that meet requirement criteria will be able to have their events included- meaning results will be posted to FIRST’s Event Results website (https://frc-events.firstinspires.org/) and API (https://frc-events.firstinspires.org/services/API). FIRST has many partners that use FIRST’s data to power their apps, such as The Blue Alliance or FRC Spyder.
Sync is not available for the 2020 or 2021 "INFINITE RECHARGE" season (see details in paragraph below).
This is not available for versions of FMS installed on personal computers, our "FMS Off-Season" software. This is available only on official FIRST fields that were used at 2020/2021 United States or Canadian competitions.
Information specific to the 2021 Off-Season:
Please see the Inspire Blog (https://www.firstinspires.org/community/inspire/first-game-changers-season-celebration-event-updates) and https://www.firstinspries.org/covid-19 for full details.
Beginning July 1, 2021, FIRST will allow off-season events (with or without district-owned or HQ-owned equipment or game elements). However, these events will not be able to use the FIRST HQ Data Sync process for sending their event results to the FIRST website and no off-season events will be listed on the FRC Events Website.
During a traditional season, the following information constitutes the requirements to have an off-season event with data sync. Though this is not applicable to 2021, it is expected to return for 2022:
To apply and participate for the 2021 season, the Off-Season event must requirements that include:
- End before November 8th, 2021 and start after May 18th, 2021 (dates subject to change)
- Use an official FIRST field, with FMS and Electronics
- Have a 2021 certified FIRST Technical Advisor (FTA) present throughout the event
- Have a required minimum number of teams in attendance (read details on the application carefully, please)
Note that this process requires all teams participating at the event to have participated in the 2021 FRC Season. For "unofficial" teams (like a "pre-rookie" team or a "second robot" team), FIRST has reserved Team numbers 9985-9999, and they may be used to accommodate these teams. Off-Season events may not "take" a team's number who isn't attending the event
- For example: If team 123 is not attending your event, but team 122 is, and brings a second robot, you cannot use team 123 for the second robot. This would miss-represent team 123's record as they are not actually participating. Instead, team 122's second robot could be any number in the reserved range of 9985-9999.
- Note that this process requires all teams participating at the event to have participated in the 2021 FRC Season. For "unofficial" teams (like a "pre-rookie" team or a "second robot" team), FIRST has reserved Team numbers 9985-9999, and they may be used to accommodate these teams. Off-Season events may not "take" a team's number who isn't attending the event
- Steady wired (ethernet) internet must be available throughout the event, at the scoring table. This internet connection should have unrestricted/unfiltered access to ports 80 and 443 (data sync is not WiFi compatible, only hardline internet)
- FIRST Staff are not available for Support of Off-Season events, the FTA is the troubleshooting resource
- FIRST does not build custom software for specific Off-Season events, all scoring and software is written to match the most recent published version of the official Game Manual. Individual scoring point values are not adjustable.
Additional terms will be displayed on the application, and should be read in detail.
FIRST has additional information and policies regarding the rental and use of official fields for Off-Season events. They can be found in the Resource Library on the FIRST website.
To apply for your Off-Season event to be included, please complete the following form at least 7 days before your event start date. Upon approval of your application, you can also add competing teams or adjust basic settings using information emailed to you by FIRST.