Reward teams for their season of effort
Whether you're attending a DISTRICT or a REGIONAL event, the process is now the exact same!
- Work with your Event Manager, Head Judge Advisor, and/or Emcee to get a copy of the awards before they are announced on the field during the Awards Ceremony. ALL awards are double-checked against eligibility criteria, which requires all awards to be entered into FMS prior to the Awards ceremony.
- Enter awards in the event wizard, being careful to prevent wandering eyes from accessing the awards. Confidentiality is CRUCIAL in this step, but so is accuracy. MAKE SURE that you pay attention to all warning boxes and verify everything twice! DO NOT post the awards nor submit them - awards that are submitted are immediately posted online and are available via the FIRST API and online.
- [NEW FOR 2020] [Regional Events Only] Award winners for most "submittable" awards (Woodie Flowers, Dean's List) are now selectable via a drop-down list (no more misspellings! Yay!). Select the winner from the drop-down list.
[Regional Events Only] Once all awards are entered move on to the Wildcard step and ensure that there are four (4) green checkmarks. Once verified, click “Calculate Wildcards” to allow the system to calculate wildcards.
- In the Reports area, generate the Wildcards Script via the “Wildcards Script” under “Other Event Reports” and print it out. Hand this to the Emcee with our regards.
- [ALL EVENTS] Once ALL awards are complete, select the POST boxes next to each award and click “Upload Award Assignments.”