Manual Radio Configuration
This article describes how to manually configure a DAP1522 Rev B. for a competition
Configure computer IP
- Click Start >> Control Panel to open the Control Panel. Then click View network status and tasks.
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the appropriate adapter (typically Local Area Connection) and select Properties.
- Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 line to highlight it, then click Properties.
- Select Use the following IP address, then enter the IP 192.168.0.51 and the Subnet Mask 255.0.0.0. Then click OK.
Reset the DAP1522
Reset your DAP1522 to factory settings using the following procedure:
- Switch your D-Link unit to Bridge mode using the switch on the back (the wireless bridge should always be in bridge mode at competition)
- Plug in the power and Ethernet connections
- Wait for the either the orange Bridge light or blue Access Point light to begin flashing
- Hold the reset button (on the back of the unit) for 10 seconds then release
- Wait for the light to stop flashing (this signals the wireless bridge is starting to reset)
- Wait for the light to resume flashing, your wireless bridge is now reset
Connect the wireless bridge to your computer using an Ethernet cable
Connect to the Bridge
Start Internet Explorer and type in an address of 192.168.0.50
- Username = admin
- Password = blank
Click on the Setup tab on the top menu bar. Click on the Wireless tab on the left side of the page.
Configure Wireless Settings
Configure the wireless settings:
- Set the Wireless Network Name to your team number.
- Set th Wireless Security Mode to WPA-Personal.
- Set the WPA Mode to WPA2 Only and the Cipher Type to AES
- Set the Passphrase to the WPA key for the event (obtain from the FTA)
- Uncheck the box to disable Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Click Save Settings